Applications close: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 at 11:55 PM
|POSITION:||FringeTIX Box Office Casual|
|LOCATION:||Various Box Office locations, Adelaide CBD|
|TERM:||Short term, casual positions|
|START DATE:||10 February 2020|
|END DATE:||15 March 2020|
|REPORTS TO:||Box Office Manager|
|RENUMERATION:||Casual, Level 2: $26.50|
FringeTIX Box Office Casuals will be required to work in the FringeTIX Box Offices and off-site locations (as required). Successful applicants will need to be able to provide a high level of customer service to facilitate patron enquiries and ticket sales. All staff will be required to have a thorough knowledge of the Fringe Guide as well as be familiar with the latest venue information, show changes and Fringe program updates. FringeTIX staff are the first port of call for Adelaide Fringe customers and as such staff will need to be confident, friendly, hardworking and eager & ready to assist patrons with their enquiries and ticket sales.
- To facilitate the sale of FringeTIX tickets, vouchers, memberships and merchandise at FringeTIX Box Offices and offsite locations, providing an exceptional level of customer service.
- To be thoroughly familiar with the Adelaide Fringe guide, participating venues, promotions and events.
- To be highly proficient with the FringeTIX ticketing system, Red61’s VIA.
- To address customer enquiries and/or complaints (where necessary), providing Adelaide Fringe patrons with a high level of customer service and satisfactory resolutions.
Assist with maintaining the operational day-to-day running of aspects of FringeTIX and associated customer services, including but not limited to:
- Mailing out of pre-purchased tickets.
- Assisting with contacting customers in the event of a show change/cancellation.
- Ensuring there are adequate stock levels of Fringe Guides, tickets, envelopes, ticket wallets and merchandise during your shift.
- Adhering to all aspects of FringeTIX ticketing policies – including but not limited to refunds and exchanges, Fringe Voucher replacement, PCI Compliance.
- Reporting any equipment faults as soon as practicable to your direct supervisor.
- Assisting, if required, with any internal ticketing needs from other Adelaide Fringe departments.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and safe box office environment.
- Cash handling and reconciliation.
- Observe and follow all Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare regulations and safe working practices.
- Adelaide Fringe may from time to time modify your duties and responsibilities but only to those which you have the skill and competence.
- Undertake all projects and activities as directed by the Head of Ticketing and Digital Services, Deputy Director and Fringe Director & Chief Executive as required.
- Previous working experience in the field of customer service.
- Previous working knowledge and experience working in an arts organisation is desired.
- Experience working with the Red61 VIA platform is desirable but not essential. Full training on the Red61 VIA platform and Adelaide Fringe program and venues will be conducted during the training week.
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of committed staff and stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, in a professional and ethical manner.
- High level computer literacy (including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook) and competency with ticketing systems (desirable).
- Excellent time management skills to manage complex tasks and competing deadlines concurrently.
- High level attention to detail for data entry.
- Ability to successfully reconcile a high volume of cash, EFTPOS and Credit Card transactions.
- Provide current Police clearance check, or be willing to undergo a police check (at own expense)
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to submit your application:
Job Number: 19010
View the full position description via the link below.
For any enquiries regarding the role, please call 08 8100 2000.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 11:55PM Friday 13 December, 2019.Position description (656 KB pdf)