Unfortunately, Adelaide Fringe will not be taking Street Performer registrations in 2021. However, busking permits are once again available with the City of Adelaide and Rundle Mall are continuing to work together and review busking conditions as COVID-19 restrictions lift further, with the goal of balancing the needs of our busking community, retailers, businesses, and broader community. There are some minor changes to help achieve a safe reintroduction of busking activities, including specific conditions for performances in Rundle Mall and its vicinity.
- All buskers will need to complete a COVID Safe Plan as required by the Emergency Management Directions.
- Face painting and balloons are not permitted to be part of your performance.
- 1.5m of physical distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Circle acts continue to be deemed as unsuitable in Rundle Mall and adjacent laneways due to the large area they require and the crowds they tend to draw, which create bottle necks for pedestrian movement. This will be re-assessed regularly.
Due to COVID-19, and restrictions put in place by SA Health, busking is not permitted in Rundle Street during East End Unleashed road closures on:
- Friday 19 & Saturday 20 February (opening weekend)
- Friday 26 & Saturday 27 February
- Friday 5, Saturday 6 & Sunday 7th March (long weekend)
- Friday 12 & Saturday 13 March
- Friday 19, Saturday 20 & Sunday 21 March (closing weekend)
For all the latest information and updates on our response to COVID-19 please visit cityofadelaide.com.au/covid19.
ADELAIDE CENTRAL MARKET
There is also further Street Performing opportunities with the Adelaide Central Market. For more information about these opportunities, please check out the AVR resource HERE or contact firstname.lastname@example.org | +61 8 8100 2022.
For all of the latest information and updates, please sign up to our Artists and Venues eNews below.
Header Image Credit: Rory Clarke