- Intellectual Property Rights
- Content & Service
- Refunds – Events
- General Terms and Conditions
- Lost Tickets
- Fringe Memberships
- Fringe Vouchers
- Concession Card Holders
- Ratings and Content Warnings
- Adelaide Fringe and Live Performance Australia
- Security & Privacy
- Advertising Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website (Website), the use and sale of FringeTIX®, merchandise, memberships, vouchers and donations (Services). By using the Website or purchasing Services you acknowledge that you have read, understood and are bound by these terms and conditions (Agreement). If you do not understand the Agreement, or do not accept any part of it, then you may not use the Website or Services.
“We”, “us” or “our” means Adelaide Fringe Incorporated (ABN 71 66 859 461) (Adelaide Fringe).
“You” means the person using the Website, acquiring a FringeTIX® or seeking to attend or view an Event.
“FringeTIX®” means a ticket (whether printed or electronic) to an Event.
“Event” means an event, concert, or performance that is arranged by Adelaide Fringe, or for which Adelaide Fringe sells FringeTIX® tickets, and includes FringeVIEW Events, unless stated otherwise throughout this Agreement.
Intellectual Property Rights
The material on this Website is protected by copyright. You may use it for your personal and non-commercial purposes only. You must not otherwise use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute this material without written permission from us and, if applicable, the respective rights holders.
You must not use any logos or other trademarks displayed on the Website, whether registered or not, or modify them in any way without written permission from us or the lawful owner.
FringeTIX® is a registered trademark of Adelaide Fringe.
Content & Service
While we aim to ensure all information on the Website is up-to-date, details may change from time to time.
You are not allowed to and agree not to circumvent, disable, fraudulently engage with, or otherwise interfere with any part of the Website or Services (or attempt to do any of these things).
We do not guarantee uninterrupted, fault-free or error-free service.
The Website may contain links to other websites, content or services. We do not guarantee that the links, or any content to which they link, will be functional, accurate, secure or up-to-date and you use any other website or content at your own risk.
All FringeTIX® sold through the Website are sold on behalf of the organisation or artists responsible for providing the Event.
All FringeTIX® are subject to any additional conditions applicable to the specific Event notified at the time of sale by Adelaide Fringe or by the venue or digital content hosting platform where the Event is being presented or streamed.
All FringeTIX® include a $3.00 transaction fee (Customer Booking Fee), included in the advertised ticket price.
When terms and conditions are met for a refund, the Customer Booking Fee will be refunded.
The $3 Customer Booking Fee does not apply to any discounted ticket offer. The discount will only apply to the ticket price less the $3 Customer Booking Fee. This includes but is not limited to promo code discounts, BankSA Customer and Fringe Membership Pricing as well as 2 for 1 offers.
All transactions made online at www.adelaidefringe.com.au incur a $1.80 transaction fee (Web Transaction Fee).
All items ordered via post incur a $3.25 postage fee. When terms and conditions are met for a refund, the postage fee will be refunded if no other items were purchased in the same transaction. Transactions made over the phone or at a box office do not incur a Web Transaction Fee.
Refunds – Events
All FringeTIX® sales are final. Adelaide Fringe will not refund, cancel or exchange any ticket except in accordance with Live Performance Australia (LPA) Ticketing Code of Practice and otherwise as required by law.
Latecomers may not be admitted. Venue and event staff hold the right to refuse entry to patrons who arrive at the venue after the start time of the event. In these circumstances, patrons are not entitled to a refund.
If an Event is cancelled, your FringeTIX® will be exchanged or refunded.
Refunds for FringeTIX® purchased by credit card via the Adelaide Fringe website will be refunded automatically to that credit card.
FringeTIX® purchased by cash, cheque or EFTPOS at one of our Box Office locations will be refunded by a bank transfer. You will be contacted via email in this instance with a request for further details.
FringeTIX® purchased by Fringe Voucher will be refunded back to a voucher. A new voucher code will be sent to you via email. No cash refunds will be issued for purchases made by voucher.
If the advertised ticket price is discounted after you purchase your FringeTIX®, you are not entitled to a partial or full refund.
In the event that you are entitled to a refund due to a major change (in accordance with LPA guidelines), the refund must be actioned prior to the time of the event. If you attend the event, or do not contact Adelaide Fringe prior to the Event, you are not entitled to a refund. No refunds will be issued at the time of, or after the event takes place.
Dissatisfaction of an Event does not entitle you to an exchange or refund, as per the Live Performance Australia (LPA) Ticketing Code of Practice.
Adelaide Fringe offers exchanges on FringeTIX® for Events if all of the following conditions are met:
- the request for an exchange is submitted to Adelaide Fringe in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
- the request for an exchange is made at a minimum of 48 hours prior to the original performance start time;
- the original performance is not sold out;
- the request for exchange is for the same event;
- the performance you are requesting to exchange into must be of equal or greater value. You will not be refunded the difference in price type;
- the customer has provided proof of the destruction of the original tickets, should printed tickets have been issued; and
- the request is approved by the artist or presenter, after being submitted in writing by Adelaide Fringe.
An $8.50 exchange fee per transaction is payable by the customer at the time of exchange, if the exchange is approved.
If exchanging into a cheaper performance, customers will not be reimbursed the difference in ticket price.
General Terms and Conditions
If an Event is cancelled, Adelaide Fringe assumes no obligation for arranging a substitute Event or performance.
Adelaide Fringe and the event organisers reserve the right to alter FringeTIX® prices, audience capacity or seating arrangements.
The venue’s management reserves the right to refuse admission.
No audio or video recorders or cameras may be taken into a venue or used without permission of the Event organiser and venue management by prior arrangement. A breach of this condition may lead to the confiscation of all equipment and removal of the patron from the venue. Mobile phones taken into a venue may not be used for the purpose of recording the performance.
No drugs, weapons, food, glass containers, umbrellas or lasers may be taken into a venue.
Some venues have no alcohol or non-smoking restrictions. Refer to conditions of entry at venue.
The Event organiser reserves the right to film, video, record, photograph, broadcast or telecast the event and you consent to the use of any image or recording taken of you, and anyone for whom you are responsible, while at an Event. We are not obliged to use, broadcast or provide to you any such recording.
Adelaide Fringe collects your personal information such as a mobile number and email address in case of an Event cancellation or change. If you do not supply sufficient and appropriate contact information Adelaide Fringe is not responsible for not contacting you.
Adelaide Fringe are the only authorised ticket seller for Events. We strongly recommend that you only purchase tickets from an authorised ticket seller.
There are laws that govern the reselling of tickets. FringeTIX® resold not in accordance with law may attract criminal penalties.
If you have bought a FringeTIX® and can no longer attend the Event, you can pass on your FringeTIX® or sell it to a friend in accordance with reselling laws. You will be liable for all refunds in the event of a cancellation. If there's a change to the Event you will be responsible for passing this information onto the ticket holder.
Fringe Frenzy: Participating Events are 20% off for 20 hours from 8am on January 4th until 4am on January 5th. The Fringe Frenzy price type must be selected to obtain the discount. All regular Adelaide Fringe terms and conditions apply to the purchase of Fringe Frenzy tickets. NB: 20% off Fringe Frenzy does not apply to the booking fee and is only available until price types sell out.
Your order confirmation and physical FringeTIX® will feature a QR code. Please read all information on your order confirmation carefully, as this will inform you how your venue will admit you.
Your order confirmation or eTicket can be presented at the venue on a smartphone or tablet. Alternatively, you can print your eTicket/s and present them for scanning to gain access to the event. Please read all information on your order confirmation carefully.
Some venues may require you to visit the venue box office to print or collect your FringeTIX® prior to attending the Event, check your order confirmation for details.
The Venue Management reserves the right to deny entry to an Event if you arrive late. Many shows have a strict no latecomer policy and no refunds will be issued if you are denied entry. Latecomer policies are in place to prevent disruption to the performers and other audience members. Shows will endeavour to commence at the advertised time, please ensure you are at the Event well in advance of the performance start time.
Replacement of lost or stolen FringeTIX® are subject to approval from the Event organiser.
Adelaide Fringe reserves the right to not replace general admission FringeTIX®.
Proof of original purchase must be presented for replacement of all FringeTIX®. Adelaide Fringe reserves the right to charge a fee for any re-issued FringeTIX®. For lost ticket enquiries please email email@example.com.
Purchase of Membership
- The purchase of a Fringe Membership scheme covers the member for 365 days from the purchase date.
- Fringe Membership is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A one-off payment of $25.00AUD per year is required to become a full Fringe Member or $40.00AUD is required when become a Fringe Fanatic Member. This can be purchased online, over the phone or at any of the Adelaide Fringe box offices.
- Your Fringe Membership is a digital membership. Fringe Membership number is your Booking Reference Number displayed when you purchased your membership (also contained in your confirmation email). Membership details are also accessible in the MyDetails section of your MyFringe account at www.adelaidefringe.com.au
- Fringe Membership collects your personal information in order to provide you with the most relevant information and to contact you in relation to an event cancellation. If you fail to supply sufficient and appropriate contact information, Fringe Membership is not responsible for failure to contact you.
Member Benefits and Discounts
- Adelaide Fringe reserves the right to make alterations to the Fringe Membership scheme and its benefits from time to time and without prior notice.
- Adelaide Fringe reserves the right to offer promotions, benefits or competitions to select members and categories at any time.
- Member deals, discounts and offers are not eligible to be backdated, and are only valid for the promotional period or until Adelaide Fringe states the offer has ended or a capacity has been reached.
- Fringe Fanatic Members are permitted to enter the Fringe Club 2020 before 10pm each night the Fringe Club is operational.
- Fringe Club entry only available to members 18 years or older.
- Entry is valid for the Fringe Fanatic Member-only and is not able to be transferred.
- Entry to the Fringe Club each night is only available to Fringe Fanatic Members if venue capacity allows.
- Adelaide Fringe reserves the right to decline entry as per the Fringe Club terms and conditions.
Member Competitions and Giveaways
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not claim the prize within the outlined timeframe, the winner will automatically forfeit any right or interest in the prize.
- In the absence of a listed date, winners will have 5 working days to claim their prize.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- Prizes and giveaways are not transferrable and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- All tickets and prizes won or received via Fringe Membership are the responsibility of the event organiser, artist or promoter and are non-refundable or exchangeable. It is not the responsibility of Fringe Membership, if an event is cancelled, to provide a refund or offer a new prize to the winner.
Discounted (25% off) Ticket Offer
- Discount (25% off) Ticket Offer is on participating and selected Adelaide Fringe shows only.
- Discounted (25% off) Ticket Offer is only applicable against full priced tickets and applies to two (2) tickets per event, per membership.
- Discount (25% off) Ticket Offer applies to the ticket price, excluding customer booking and web transaction fees.
- Adelaide Fringe and Adelaide Fringe Artists reserve the right to cap allocation of tickets available on the Discount (25% off) Ticket Offer.
- Adelaide Fringe and Adelaide Fringe Artists reserve the right to withdraw from the Discounted (25% off) Ticket Offer at any point. This does not impact tickets already purchased.
- Discount (25% off) Ticket Offer must be redeemed at point of sale. The offer is only applicable to full price tickets and cannot be redeemed on preview days or in conjunction with any other offers.
- In the case of a reissue of tickets, FringeTIX® is of no obligation to offer a Membership discount if the new performance has exhausted its allocation of Fringe Member tickets.
- All standard Adelaide Fringe Ticketing Terms and Conditions apply to all tickets purchased, won or gifted through Adelaide Fringe Membership.
Fringe Fanatic & Membership – DocPlay Free 60 Day Subscription
Customers who purchase a full price Fringe Fanatic Membership ($40 AUD) or Fringe Membership ($20 AUD) between 11:30am 4-06-20 & 11:59pm 4-06-20 will receive a FREE 60-day DocPlay subscription.
This is subject to DocPlay's terms and conditions and is subject to capacity.
Offer closes 11:59pm June 4 2020 ACDT.
To be eligible you must purchase a full-priced Fringe Fanatic Membership or Fringe Membership.
Offer is limited to one per person and is not applicable to Membership Gift Vouchers.
Promotion is subject to availability.
Memberships and Docplay's free 60-day streaming subscription are non refundable, non exchangeable and non transferable.
Fringe Voucher expiry dates are fixed.
Vouchers can be redeemed on any Event, merchandise, memberships and donations to the Adelaide Fringe Artist Fund.
Vouchers will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Please treat your voucher as if it were cash, they cannot be reissued and Adelaide Fringe takes no responsibility if your voucher is misplaced and is then redeemed by another customer.
If an Event is cancelled and you are entitled to a refund, your refund will be returned to a voucher. This voucher sits against your account and can only be redeemed by you. In this instance you will receive a new voucher number.
Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash.
Any unspent value remaining on your FringeTIX voucher after April 15 2020 will be automatically donated to the Adelaide Fringe Artist Fund and cannot be redeemed after this date.
Concession Card Holders
Holders of valid concession cards are eligible for Concession price FringeTIX®, where applicable. This includes seniors, students and health care card holders. You may be asked to show your valid concession card when purchasing or collecting your FringeTIX®, or on entering the venue and may be denied entry should you fail to supply valid ID relating to your concession.
Ratings and Content Warnings
Adelaide Fringe is an open access festival and does not see or curate any of the works prior to the festival. All Events are self-rated by the Artists or Producers associated with an Event. Adelaide Fringe does not take any responsibility for an incorrect rating, or unsuitability of an Event.
Unless an Event is categorised as a children’s event, show content may not be suitable for all ages. It is your responsibility to check the suitability of a show for any children for whom you are purchasing tickets. The venue which you are attending reserves the right to request proof of age identification before permitting entry into an Event, and may deny entry if the work is not deemed suitable for children.
Please note, some venues may have liquor licensing in place that does not allow under 18s entrance past a certain time, even if accompanied by an adult. If unsure, you are advised to contact the venue.
The rating 18+ is strictly restricted to patrons 18 or older. This could be due to content of the show or liquor licensing regulations at the venue. If you purchase a ticket that is for an 18+ performance and you are denied admittance, you will not be refunded the ticket price.
Dissatisfaction with the content or rating of an Event does not entitle the customer to a refund.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the program and its details however event details, prices and ratings are subject to change wherever necessary and without notice.
All ticketed Adelaide Fringe Events accept the Companion Card and will issue a companion ticket when bought with an accompanying ticket. Please call 8100 2000 to make a booking.
When Companion tickets are being purchased over the phone or counter, the ticket seller may ask for the Companion Card number. When attending an Event, the venue staff may ask to sight the Companion Card on entry. Failure to present a Companion Card may result in refusal of entry.
Adelaide Fringe and Live Performance Australia
Adelaide Fringe issues FringeTIX® tickets in accordance with the Live Performance Australia (LPA) Ticketing Code of Practice. For a copy of the LPA Ticketing Code for consumers please click here.
If you are unsure if a payment has gone through, please contact Adelaide Fringe by calling 8100 2000 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. If payment has been unsuccessful, we can happily help you secure your FringeTIX®. We are unable to provide a refund for duplicate bookings, so if you are unsure, it is best to check with us before proceeding on a secondary transaction.
The Website does not accept AMEX cards.
Complaints and Questions?
Please send through your complaints or questions to email@example.com.
Security & Privacy
You are responsible for the security of your username and password.
We do not guarantee that this Website or any third party website linked to this Website is free from viruses or other material that could affect your device. You should take your own precautions against these risks.
Disclaimers and Liability
Your access to and use of this Website and Services is at your own risk and we will not accept any liability in relation to it, other than liability that cannot be excluded under applicable laws.
Australian Consumer Law provides certain statutory guarantees for consumers which cannot be excluded. Nothing in these terms and conditions modifies or excludes those guarantees.
To the extent permitted by law, Adelaide Fringe will not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury to the extent arising under or in connection with this Agreement or the Services, including from:
- your access to and use of the Website or any related content or information;
- your attendance at or viewing of any Event;
- your purchase of FringeTIX®;
- your negligent acts or omissions;
- any pre-existing medical condition;
- your breach of this Agreement; or
- your reliance on reviews or opinions about Events and performers.
You should make your own further enquiries before deciding whether an Event is suitable.
You are responsible for your personal possessions such as bags, mobile phones and other items you carry with you to venues.
Adelaide Fringe does not promise that the Website, or any content, service or feature of the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that any defects will be corrected. The Website and any content, service or feature are provided on an “as-is” basis and “available” basis without any warranty of any kind whether express or implied.
Adelaide Fringe reserves the right, without notice, to do any of the following at any time:
- to modify, interrupt, suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Website, or any portion of the Website; and
- to modify or change the Website, and any policies or terms.
Adelaide Fringe has the right to terminate your access to the Website or any or all of the Services at any time, without notice, for any reasons, including without limitation, breach of this Agreement.
We may amend these terms and conditions by updating them on our Website.
Advertising Terms & Conditions
To read our full Fringe Festival 2020 Advertising Terms and Conditions click here.