Applications close: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 at 11:55 PM
1 September 2020
|END DATE:||30 June 2022|
|EMPLOYMENT:||0.6 FTE, equating to three days per week.|
|SALARY:||$60,000 per annum (pro rata), plus 9.5% superannuation|
The position of Access Manager will continue to address Adelaide Fringe’s increasing commitment to diversifying organisational practice, striving to eliminate, as far as possible, discrimination in Adelaide Fringe’s events, services and facilities. In 2018, Fringe conducted a comprehensive review of its existing Access Action Plan.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Access Manager’s primary responsibility is to prioritise a culture of inclusion within the organisation and external operations. Acting as an advocate and leading Adelaide Fringe’s Access Program (including Access Action Plan) to promote accessibility, inclusivity and increase opportunities for people who experience disability. The Access Manager will have a practical approach, and hands on attitude. Offering experience managing a program of services within an organisation with public facing outcomes, ideally in an arts environment as well as a developed understanding of the needs of access patrons and participants. The role requires high level administration skills, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, communicate effectively and complete their work to a high standard in a busy environment.
The role comprises a vital component in an agile development team, implementing and growing Adelaide Fringe’s strategies and practices to actively move beyond the minimums in pursuit of inclusion. The Access and Inclusion Coordinator will work independently and be responsible for developing, promoting and coordinating accessible services within the Adelaide Fringe experience.
The Access Manager will liaise closely with members of the Marketing, Ticketing and Digital Operations team, Program Operations teams and Volunteer Manager to ensure that Fringe’s access program and audience needs are met for Adelaide Fringe 2021. The role has a broad remit with scope for innovation, income generation, strengthening organisational understanding around general issues of inclusion, audience and artist participation.
This is a relatively new position, developed in 2018 as a seasonal role but now extended to an ongoing role. The Access Manager responds to all departments and sits within the People and Culture department.
- Sound administrative, organisational and IT skills and knowledge of a number of office software packages.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of access and inclusion strategic initiatives
- Genuine passion, drive and ability to articulate the very heart of what access is all about and aligning outcomes to organisational performance
- Experience in designing and delivering access and inclusion initiatives
- Leadership on access issues through coaching and building networks
- Passionate, articulate and knowledgeable
- Innovative thinker with the ability to translate ideas into actions
- High level of attention to detail
- Self-reliant and self-motivated
- High level of organisational planning and problem solving skills
- Ability to cope with high pressure situations and competing deadlines
- Patient, amiable and good humored.
HOW TO APPLY
Job Ad Number: 2021003
View the full position description via the link below.
For any enquiries regarding the role, please call 08 8100 2000.
We strongly encourage applications from First Nations Peoples and welcome applications from those from marginalised groups. People with lived experience of disability will be looked upon favourably for this role.Position description (165 KB pdf)