So you want to be a part of Adelaide Fringe! There's a boat-load of ways you can do that:
- Become an artist or venue.
- Sign up to be Fringe Member.
- Join Honey Pot: our marketplace, which connects artists and industry.
- Get involved with our Schools Program.
- Become a volunteer.
- Become a partner.
- Advertise with us or participate as the Media.
- Be a part of Fringe on Tour.
A bit about us!
Adelaide Fringe is a not-for-profit, non-curated, open access festival! This means that artists, presenters and venues register to participate in Adelaide Fringe. We don’t curate our program; if you're a beginner with a budding idea, you're absolutely welcome to register! For more info, head to our artists or venues pages, or chuck an email through to our friendly team: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org!
Essential reading and support (artists, venues, presenters & delegates)
- To register for Fringe as an artist, venue, producer/presenter or Honey Pot industry delegate, you have to do so through the AVR.
- Once you’ve signed up, there is a wealth of essential reading for you to peruse. These resources will help you plan, register, form your marketing strategies, understand audiences and get the very best of your Adelaide Fringe experience.
- The Artists and Venues team is also on hand to offer assistance to artists in identifying suitable spaces and advice to venues on presenting an Adelaide Fringe program.
Does it cost to register for Fringe?
- For venues, it’s free to register interest in becoming a Fringe venue.
- It's also free for Honey Pot industry delegates to sign up for our market place program!
If you're registering an event, however, there will be a registration fee.
Four or more sessions:
- Performing Arts and Events – $395AUD.
- Visual Art & Design – $330AUD.
Up to three sessions:
- All categories – $210AUD.
- Four or more sessions:
Artists and Venues – how does it work?
- All Fringe venues are independently managed. Adelaide Fringe doesn’t run any venues, but we can assist you to set up and run your own.
- We help artists and venues find each other. You have the opportunity to opt into the online Venue Finder in the AVR: the number one tool for artists to search for venues. All final bookings are made in an agreement between the artist and venue.
- If you're a venue, you can boost your chances of securing a Fringe event by having a clear listing in the Venue Finder, being proactive and getting the word out. You can even looking at registering your own events.
- Venues become an official Fringe venue once connected with a registered Fringe event.
We sell your tickets!
- FringeTIX is the ticketing service run by Adelaide Fringe. We have a ticketing team who are on hand for your ticketing needs. Have questions specific to ticketing? Pop an email through to FringeTIX@adelaidefringe.com.au
- FringeTIX has exclusive pre-sales ticketing rights to all Fringe events. If you're registering an event, keep in mind that this is a condition of your registration and participation in Adelaide Fringe.
- Ticketing booking fees and inside charges may apply. See AVR for details.
Further questions, queries & conundrums
Did our handy-dandy resources not answer your very specific query about wanting to get involved? Have a read of our FAQ page and, if that doesn't answer your questions, feel free to get in contact with us at email@example.com.
Banner Image: photographed by Trentino Priori. Event: Fuego Carnal