Applications close: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 at 5:00 PM
|POSITION:||Ticketing Assistant - Media|
|TERM:||Fixed term, salaried position|
|START DATE:||30 January 2020|
|END DATE:||15 March 2020|
|REPORTS TO:||Ticketing Coordinator - Media|
|SALARY:||$48,500 per annum (pro-rata)|
The Ticketing Assistant - Media is responsible for assisting in the coordinating and processing of tickets that allow accredited media to attend and review Adelaide Fringe registered events.
As part of the Ticketing department, the Ticketing Assistant - Media is responsible for supporting the Ticketing Coordinator- Media in the process of media accreditation and ticketing for Adelaide Fringe, fielding general media inquiries regarding accreditation and ticketing, assisting with the ongoing maintenance of the media database and coordinating all media ticketing. The role also provides support to artists, and assisting them in publishing their reviews online and in maintaining a register of reviewed events.
The position requires constant liaison with Adelaide Fringe staff, artists, and with local, national and international media and a high level of organisation and administration.
- Under the direction of the Ticketing Coordinator- Media, maintain Adelaide Fringe’s media accreditation database and circulate to all Adelaide Fringe registered events
- Update media contacts for the Media Contact List (resource for Adelaide Fringe registered artists)
- Assist with the process of the roll out of media accreditation and media ticketing to all Adelaide Fringe registered events
- Conversion of requests for Media Review tickets into bookings utilizing the VIA ticketing platform and the Media Microsite
- Assist in maintaining accurate records of media attendance at all ticketed events
- Field general media enquiries and attend to ongoing media accreditation queries, ticket requests and credential production
- Tracking to ensure media are reviewing and posting reviews in a timely manor
- Assist Adelaide Fringe registered Artists with displaying their reviews within the AVR portal onto their event page
- Ongoing and effective liaison with Adelaide Fringe artists (both directly and through the Artist Services Team) and members of the media
- Undertake projects/activities as directed by the Senior Publicist and Head of Ticketing and Digital Operations
- Observe and follow all Work, Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices
- Adelaide Fringe may from time to time modify your duties and responsibilities but only to those which you have the skill and competence
- Whilst this position description summarises the purpose of the role and lists its key tasks, it is not a definitive list of all the tasks to be undertaken. Tasks can vary from time to time at the discretion of your Manager. To deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the employee may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above.
- A keen interest in the arts and publicity
- Experience in publicity, public relations, communications and/or marketing, preferably within an arts and/or festival context
- Good understanding of publicity, public relations, media and/or marketing principles
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Outlook, with a particular working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience in VIA is highly desirable
- Proven experience in record keeping and managing database content
- A tertiary qualification in Event Management, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or a related field would be highly regarded
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to submit your application:
Job Number: 19015
View the full position description via the link below.
For any enquiries regarding the role, please call 08 8100 2000.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Due to the large volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 5:00PM Monday 9 December, 2019.Position description (620 KB pdf)