Applications close: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 5:00 PM
|POSITION:||Production Coordinator - Warehouse|
|TERM:||Fixed term, salaried contract position|
|START DATE:||2 December, 2019|
|END DATE:||29 March, 2020|
Head of Production
|SALARY:||$55,000 - $60,000 PA (pro rata)|
Oversees all activity within the 1400m2 Warehouse, the coming and going of all stock and infrastructure, any builds that take place, regular cleaning, repair work, safety and compliance and stock maintenance The job entails a wide variety of tasks, as well as a responsive, participatory role in keeping astride of infrastructure, safety and storage related issues as they arise.
- Overall management of the Adelaide Fringe Warehouse, including scheduled opening and closing times.
- Ensure regulation of WH&S requirements and practices are current and adhered to inclusive of incident documentation and reporting
- Manage the Warehouse office facilities including internet and IT
- Attend Production Department meetings when possible and assist in operational duties in support of Adelaide Fringe staff.
- Act as the key contact for Adelaide Fringe staff, contractors and suppliers for negotiating storage space, pickups and deliveries as well as requests for access to the Warehouse from internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and improve the warehouse as a functioning, workable space during Fringe’s peak period January through March, 2020
- Create and manage a supportive, positive work space some distance from Fringe’s office and areas of core practice
- Generate and keep up to date all required procedural documentation relevant to the operation of the warehouse.
- Become familiar with emergency evacuation procedures for the warehouse and activate emergency evacuation procedures if necessary.
- Report to the Head of Production regularly on work progress.
- Meet goals and targets as directed by the Head of Production.
- Provide logistics support to the Fringe Designer and Fringe build team as required.
- Ensure all work generated is documented in an accurate and concise manner.
- Expenditure management
- Contribute to a positive and engaged Workplace Health & Safety culture.
- Understand and comply with all Adelaide Fringe policies, procedures and requirements.
- Other tasks as directed by the Head of Production.
- Demonstrated professional experience delivering the production requirements of events particularly in a performing Arts Centre, major events or festival context.
- Working knowledge and experience as a member of an arts organization and/or working with artists.
- Demonstrated professional experience in project or stage management.
- Demonstrated, positive team leader
- Demonstrated experience in budget reporting and working within set budget parameters.
- Demonstrated experience in working to set deadlines and achieving objectives within a defined timetable.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, set priorities and manage time so that organization resources are optimized.
- Administrative management skills, including Microsoft office suite of programs
- Demonstrated high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven planning and problem solving skills, with an ability to think positively, creatively and laterally.
- Demonstrated collaborative working style with an ability to work as part of a team and in a hands-on capacity.
- Proven capacity for self-motivation and an ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage complex tasks and competing deadlines concurrently.
- Previous professional experience in arts management, site management or cultural events or in a design and build context is desirable but not essential
- Vocational training/operational accreditation/licensing in production related areas will be looked favorably, such as: Fire Warden, Rigging, Elevated Working Platforms, Test & Tag, Fork Lift License, Senior First Aid etc.
- Competency in CAD software (AutoCAD, Sketchup Pro particularly) will be looked favorably.
HOW TO APPLY
View the full position description via the link below. Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
For any enquiries regarding the role, please call 08 8100 2000.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 5PM Wednesday 18 September, 2019.Position description (597 KB pdf)