Applications close: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 at 11:55 PM
|POSITION:||Office Manager and HR Support|
Adelaide Fringe Inc.
Fixed term, salaried contract position
30 June 2020
Head of People & Culture
|SALARY:||$56,000 per annum (pro rata)|
The Office Manager is the initial point of contact for Adelaide Fringe and also plays a pivotal role in the effective day to day running of a busy and dynamic office.
Reporting to the Head of People & Culture, the Office Manager/HR Support is responsible for providing professional reception and administrative support to the Adelaide Fringe Head Office. The Office Manager is also responsible all HR administration and general office management. This position is required to be extremely personable and able to provide exceptional customer service to the broad range of Adelaide Fringe customers and stakeholders.
- Answer a high volume of telephone calls on a busy incoming telephone system where possible and direct phone calls to other staff
- On a daily basis, respond to and/or refer all other enquiries that come to Adelaide Fringe via e-mail, written correspondence and in person
- Greet visitors to the Adelaide Fringe office in a friendly, efficient, professional manner and assist or refer visitors as required
- Coordinate deliveries that arrive at the Adelaide Fringe office and make arrangements for couriers to dispatch items from the office as requested by staff
- Open, date and distribute all incoming mail and stamp and dispatch all outgoing mail, including the coordination of bulk mail-outs
- Coordinate outsourced services including cleaning, maintenance, and waste removal
- Monitor and order stationery and office supplies
- Manage computer issues with IT Contractors, and Coordinate IT callouts, and maintain up to date spreadsheet on current computers and data points
- Manage office phone system and maintain up to date spreadsheet on phone supply
- Manage the Adelaide Fringe Internship Program and Volunteer Program in non-peak period in consultation with Head of People & Culture
- Manage executives' schedules, calendars and appointments including recruitment meetings
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Liaise and communicate with external contacts regarding matters of the office
- In partnership with the Head of People & Culture, manage the office expenses and ensure all invoices are up to date and tracked in the Office Budget
- Maintain accurate record keeping and filing systems, including online drives
- Create employment contracts, set up employees’ profiles on an employee platform and oversee the absences records as directed by the Head of People & Culture
- Assist Head of People & Culture in updating and distributing the company’s policies and procedures
- Assist Head of People & Culture in day to day management of the HRIS (Human Resources Information System)
- Provide effective and efficient professional administration support services to Adelaide Fringe staff as agreed by the Head of People & Culture
- Assist the Head of People & Culture and Executive Assistant with administrative tasks as required
- Undertake projects and activities as directed by the Director & Chief Executive and Deputy Director
- Assist with the day to day running’s of the Office, liaising with customers and casual box office staff throughout the festival period
- Recruit, induct, train, and manage the Customer Service Supervisor (Reception)
- Conduct office induction for all Adelaide Fringe short-term and long-term staff
- Coordinate and manage Basecamp as directed by the Head of People & Culture
- Ensure all staff members are adequately set up with computer logins, multiple online systems, and email addresses
- Upload job advertisements to Arts Hub, Seek and file all job applications accordingly
- In coordination with Head of People & Culture filter candidates into shortlists by their experiences and skill set
- Act as an ambassador for the organisational culture and values ensuring they are upheld and embedded
- Embrace all online digital platforms Adelaide Fringe uses including: organisation project management software - Basecamp and its extensions, Freshdesk, enableHR, VIA, Xero and Zahara
- Understand and comply with all Adelaide Fringe policies and procedures
- Observe and follow all Work, Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices
- Demonstrated experience in a reception, human resources and administrative support services role.
- Previous working knowledge and experience working in an arts organisation and/or working with artists.
- Sound knowledge of reception, office administration and HR procedures.
- High level computer literacy and competency with Microsoft Office
- Outstanding customer service and inter-personal skills and a demonstrated ability to deal with a broad range of people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent telephone manner, oral and written communication skills
- Experience in data entry and maintaining databases
- Experience in developing and maintaining basic record keeping and other operational systems
- Experience of working in an environment that requires confidentiality
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines concurrently
- Ability to think laterally, creatively and to take initiative and plan ahead
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to submit your application:
Job Number: 19004
View the full position description via the link below.
For any enquiries regarding the role, please call 08 8100 2000.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 11:55PM Monday 28 October, 2019.Position description (847 KB pdf)