Applications close: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 at 5:00 PM
POSITION: Media Ticketing Internship
LOCATION: Adelaide Fringe Head Office
START DATE: Monday, 14 January, 2019
END DATE: Sunday, 17 March, 2019
REQUIREMENT: Part-time, flexible days and hours
REPORTS TO: Media Ticketing Coordindator, Kim Hayman
SALARY: Unpaid internship
We’re looking for a bright, creative and enthusiastic intern to work part-time in our ticketing department in the lead up to, and including, the festival season. The Media Ticketing Intern’s main role is to support the Media Ticketing Coordinator under the direction of the Ticketing Management Team whilst working closely with the Publicity team.
The Media Ticketing Intern will assist with finding, logging and displaying reviews on key review boards across the festival. They will also help field general media inquiries regarding ticketing, process media tickets and late accreditation requests. The position requires great communication skills to liaise with regional, national and international media, artists, industry stakeholders and Adelaide Fringe staff.
This position offers valuable and practical work experience in media and communications. It would be ideal for a communications student, recent graduate or someone who wants to get their ‘foot in the door’. You must have a keen interest to learn and develop a career in media and communications. You do not need any previous work experience for this internship.
In the weeks leading to the festival, you will be required for up to two days over Monday to Friday. During the festival, you will be required for three days over Monday to Sunday. We understand you may have other commitments outside of the internship and will be as flexible as possible.
- Monitor the media to track reviews
- Design, create and maintain review boards at Fringe Corner and the Fringe Club
- Logically file and archive media clippings
- Process review tickets using ticketing software, VIA by Red 61
- Help maintain accurate records of media attendance to all ticketed shows
- Check the media ticketing inbox and respond where necessary
- Process late accreditation queries and credential production
- General administration such as: answering phones, taking messages and updating contact lists
- May be asked to assist the Publicity team with media calls, press conferences, interviews, photo shoots, launches and events
- Undertake projects and activities as directed by the Senior Publicist or the Head of Ticketing and Digital Operations
- Observe and follow all Work, Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices
- Adelaide Fringe may from time to time modify your duties and responsibilities but only to those which you have the skill and competence
- Whilst this position description summarises the purpose of the role and lists its key tasks, it is not a definitive list of all the tasks to be undertaken. Tasks can vary from time to time at the discretion of your Manager. To deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the employee may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above.
- An interest to learn, develop and progress a career in media and communications
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills over email, phone and in person
- Can confidently work with colleagues and stakeholders of all levels
- Is highly organised with the ability to prioritise deadlines or ask for help
- Demonstrates good administrative skills with a sharp attention to detail
- Shows initiative and creativity to think ‘outside the box’
- Has a basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Can easily pick up new software and systems
HOW TO APPLY
View the full Position Description and Selection Criteria via the link below.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter outlining your motivations and abilities in accordance with the selection criteria. We will assess all applications but encourage applications from under-represented groups.
If you have any questions about the internship, big or small, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 5:00PM, Wednesday 2 January, 2019Position description (363 KB pdf)