Applications close: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 at 5:00 PM
POSITION: Marketplace Coordinator
LOCATION: Adelaide Fringe
HOURS: 1.0 FTE
START DATE: 7 January 2019
END DATE: 19 March 2019
Key to the operation of Adelaide Fringe is its role to support, encourage and nurture registered artists and find new ways to connect them with audiences. The marketplace program, Honey Pot, is instrumental in this process, providing registered artists with opportunities for programming, new commissions, collaborations, professional development and networking. It does this by hosting over 200 leading programmers and presenters from around Australia and the world, to see shows, meet artists, participate in key networking events, and navigate the program for the most unique and progressive contemporary work to present for a future season.
This will include overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day operations and the smooth running of Honey Pot – including but not limited to: ticketing coordination; negotiating delegates’ travel and accommodation; managing and personalising schedules; assisting with marketplace activities and events; managing relationships with both artists and delegates; and supporting an eclectic mix of VIP guests.
The Marketplace Coordinator will work within the Industry and Artist Fund department at Adelaide Fringe assisting with the administration and event management of the marketplace program Honey Pot, and supervised by the Marketplace Manager.
- Liaise with and support artists and delegates of Honey Pot and the 2019 Adelaide Fringe.
- In conjunction with the Marketplace Manager, coordinate all elements of the delegates’ participation, from invitations through to detailed and tailored itineraries.
- Co-ordinate accommodation, flight bookings and airport pickups as required.
- Co-ordinate the creation and distribution of delegate packs and credentials.
- Assist the Marketplace Manager in tailoring a list of works for Honey Pot delegates to match their programming interests and tastes.
- Work closely with the Marketplace Manager in preparing, editing and proofing all Honey Pot communication materials and online resources.
- Work in conjunction with the Marketplace Manager and the Artists, Venues & Events team in the organisation, promotion and event management of the Honey Pot Program; including information sessions, professional development seminars, brunches and networking events.
- Work in conjunction with the Marketplace Manager and FringeTIX Department in the organisation, planning and delivery of Honey Pot delegate ticketing requirements.
- Forge, nurture and maintain relationships with all local, national and international Honey Pot delegates.
- Track and report key delegate statistics required for acquittals and internal Adelaide Fringe reports – to include; delegate registrations, complimentary tickets processed.
- Observe and follow all Work, Health, and Safety regulations and safe working practices.
- Undertake projects and activities as directed by the Marketplace Manager or Head Industry and Artist Fund.
- Whilst this position description is a summary of the job and lists its key tasks, it is not a definitive list of all the tasks to be undertaken. Tasks can vary from time to time at the discretion of your Manager. To deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the employee may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above.
How to Apply
View the full Position Description and Selection Criteria via the link below. Then submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any enquiries regarding the role, please call 08 8100 2000
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 5:00PM, Friday Dec 14 2018.Position description (509 KB pdf)