Applications close: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 at 12:00 PM
START DATE: To be negotiated
END DATE: To be negotiated
Adelaide Fringe is an annual open-access arts festival run over four weeks in Adelaide, South Australia during February and March. It is one of the largest, most popular and diverse arts Festivals in Australia. Thousands of artists from around Australia and across the globe participate alongside home-grown talent, in art forms spanning cabaret, comedy, circus & physical theatre, dance, film, theatre, music, visual art and design.
The Human Resource (HR) Internship will provide a unique opportunity to gain real life experiences in HR duties and organisational development projects in a unique work environment. Participants will gain entry level hands on industry experience in the areas such as recruitment and selection, WHS, HR administration, and office support depending on the focus of the main project assigned. The HR Intern will also assist the HR Manager with the development and delivery of organisational projects and will assist in driving the implementation of services, policies and programs throughout the organisation. This internship offers the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of a generalist HR environment while developing essential administrative skills.
- Assisting with a variety of clerical and administrative services to support the HR Manager
- Proof reading HR documents including policies and handbooks
- Researching, updating, implementation and roll out of new policies and procedures
- Participating in the implementation of HR initiatives
- Assist in the research of training and development workshops
- Review of position descriptions
- Assist the Office Manager in the day to day duties of office coordination such as filing, printing collateral, updating contact lists and general office duties
- Assist in populating the online management tool as required- training will be provided
- Assist and work with other departments when required
- Adelaide Fringe may from time to time modify your duties and responsibilities but only to those which you have the skill and competence
- Students are encouraged to apply, however recent graduates of Human Resource Management or associated disciplines will be viewed favourably
- Demonstrated experience in providing clerical or administrative support
- A demonstrated passion for the arts
- Ability to multitask and coordinate administrative responsibilities, challenging projects and competing deadlines
- Ability to maintain efficient and effective records management systems
- Ability to work within tight deadlines in a busy, high pressure environment
- Familiarity with the online environment and electronic communication mediums
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Adelaide Fringe and its position within the South Australian arts sector
- High level of computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, artwork/design programs, database and internet/email
- A current Class C driver’s license would be preferable
How to Apply
View the full Position Description below, then email your resume and a cover letter to the HR Manager, Viron Papadopoulos at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00pm Monday Feb 19.
Your cover letter must clearly address the skills listed above. Please also include in your letter your experience as it relates to the key responsibilities. Cover letters are to be no more than two pages long.
For any further enquiries, please check the position description below or call 08 8100 2000.Position description (185 KB docx)