Applications close: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 at 5:00 PM
Term: Fixed term, salaried contract position
Start Date: 18 October 2021
End Date: 27 March 2022
Reports To: Box Office & Customer Service Manager
Salary: $55,000, per annum, pro rata, plus 10% superannuation
Adelaide Fringe is an annual open-access arts festival run over four weeks in Adelaide, South Australia during February and March. It is one of the largest, most popular and diverse arts festivals in Australia. Thousands of artists from around Australia and across the globe participate alongside home-grown talent, in art forms spanning cabaret, comedy, circus, physical theatre, dance, film, theatre, music, visual art & design.
Adelaide Fringe 2022 runs from Friday 18 February – Sunday 20 March 2022.
The Senior Box Office Coordinator works within a close team alongside the Box Office & Customer Service Manager, Customer Services Coordinator, E-ticketing Coordinator and Box Office Coordinators. The main objectives of the role are to assist with the management of the Box Office and Information Booth teams, including successfully overseeing the bump in and roll out of the FringeTIX Box Offices across the CBD and suburban locations. This includes staff management, implementation of policies and procedures, merchandise management and general logistics of stock. Additionally, the Senior Box Office Coordinator will assist in the roll out of e-ticketing across the festival, as well as the set up and operation of the FringeTIX Call Centre. The role will require a high level of customer service for Adelaide Fringe patrons but also a positive demeanour to deliver a high standard of ticketing services to the venues and artists at the Box Office locations.
- Demonstrated experience and proven ability in a Ticketing/Box Office management or supervisory role, in a festival or events background
- Familiarity with LPA guidelines, Data Protection, PCI compliance and COVID-19 state regulations in regards to events
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of committed staff and stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, in a professional and ethical manner
- High level computer literacy and competency with ticketing systems, rostering systems, internet, email and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent time management skills to manage complex tasks and competing deadlines concurrently
- Demonstrated high level attention to detail and record keeping skills
- Demonstrated high level of customer service delivery and ability to resolve customer concerns and complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Availability to work over a seven day rotating roster
- Current Police clearance check if successful
- Current COVID-19 Marshal training certificate if successful
- Possess a current Driver’s Licence (C Class)
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude with a passion and commitment to the arts
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team player as well as independently
- Ability to cope with high pressure situations and competing deadlines
- Patient, amiable and good humoured
- Ready and willing to Coordinate one of the best and most fun Box Office teams going around!
How To Apply
Job Ad Number: 2021026
View the full position description via the link below.
We strongly encourage applications from First Nations Peoples and welcome applications from those from marginalised groups.
Due to the high volume of applications received we will only contact successful candidates.Position description (672 KB pdf)