Applications close: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 at 11:55 PM
POSITION: FringeTIX Box Office Coordinator
LOCATION: Adelaide Fringe
TERM: Fixed term, salaried contract position
START DATE: 7 January 2019
END DATE: 17 March 2019
The Box Office Coordinator works within a close team alongside the Head of Ticketing and Digital Operations, Box Office Manager, Ticketing Manager, Digital Project Manager, Senior Ticketing Coordinator and fellow Artist Ticketing and Box Office Coordinators. The main objectives of the role are to successfully bump in and roll out the FringeTIX Box Offices across the CBD and suburban locations. This includes staff management, implementation of policies and procedures, cash collection and coordination of change deliveries, and of guide and supplies, general logistics of stock and the batching and delivery of tickets to venues. Additionally, the Box Office Coordinator will assist in the rollout of e-ticketing across the ticketing platform and support venues and artists in their implementations of the technology.
The role will require a high level of customer service for Adelaide Fringe patrons but also a positive demeanour to deliver a high standard of ticketing services to the venues and artists at the box office locations.
At times, the need will arise for the Box Office Coordinator to share responsibility of the Artist Ticketing Coordinator, which can include the servicing of ticketing requests for artists. This can include but is not limited to cancellation of events, processing complimentary ticket requests and any amends to the ticketing of registered Adelaide Fringe events.
- Assist with maintaining the operational day-to-day running of all aspects of FringeTIX and associated customer services
- To assist with and prepare various box office documentation and procedures (banking procedures, shift reconciliation process, hard ticket procedure, risk management) observing Adelaide Fringe policy and PCI requirements
- Assist with staff FringeTIX ticketing training and Adelaide Fringe inductions
- Coordinate all cash handling processes, and train staff accordingly
- Responsibility of cash management including daily counting and reporting on safe balances and banking
- To liaise with customers and address customer complaints, providing Adelaide Fringe patrons with a high level of customer service and satisfactory resolutions
- Providing a high level of customer service to Adelaide Fringe customers in both call centre and box office environments when the need arises
- Enforce all FringeTIX ticketing policies regarding exchanges & refunds, lost & stolen tickets and vouchers
- To communicate effectively and professionally with artists and promoters and assist with all aspects of ticketing, including but not limited to; changing and adding price types, managing holds, managing and understanding split allocations, adding and releasing holds, performing batch printing, issuing complimentary tickets and explaining ticketing fees & charges
- Liaise with and provide support and troubleshooting to venues and artists utilising the new e-ticketing technologies on the VIA platform
- Liaising with internal departments (particularly Artist & Events) to ensure FringeTIX staff have the latest information on venues, accessibility and changes to Fringe guide and programming
- Coordination of volunteers and the batch printing of all tickets for postage
- Undertake all projects and activities as directed by the Head of Ticketing, HR Manager and Fringe Director & Chief Executive as required
- Work collaboratively with, and provide on-going support to Head of Ticketing
- Observe and follow all Work Health, & Safety regulations and safe working practices, with particular attention to FringeTIX box offices (off-site locations)
- Whilst this position description summaries the purpose of the job and lists its key tasks, it is not a definitive list of all the tasks to be undertaken. Tasks can vary from time to time at the discretion of your Manager. To deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the employee may be required to performwork not specifically referred to above
How to Apply
View the full Position Description and Selection Criteria via the link below. Then submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any enquiries regarding the role, please call 08 8100 2000
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 11:55PM, Sunday Dec 9 2018.Position description (571 KB pdf)