Applications close: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 at 11:55 PM
|POSITION:||Event Installation Coordinator - Signature Project|
Adelaide Fringe Inc.
Full time Fixed term, salaried contract position
31 January 2020
23 March 2020
Senior Production Coordinator, Signature Project
|SALARY:||$58,000 - $61,000 per annum (pro rata)|
Under the direction of the Senior Production Coordinator, Signature Project, the Event Installation Coordinator - Signature Project will assist in the delivery and coordination of an indoor lighting and audio visual installation. This will run all 31 nights of the Fringe. This role is a key site contact, managing installation, de-installation and day to day operations for Adelaide Fringe 2020’s Signature Project.
Signature Project is a multi-art form experience, held in Adelaide, with the purpose of sharing local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Kaurna) stories with the public through cutting edge technology and traditional artwork. Operating for 31 days and nights (10am – 10pm approx.), it will be the signature project for the 2020 Adelaide Fringe and will be free of charge and family friendly.
- Under the direction of the Senior Production Coordinator provide production support in the planning and delivery of the Signature Project.
- Assist with the build, bump in and bump out of the installation, including event infrastructure set up and pack down, coordination of logistics, and day to day management of tasks and crew.
- Disseminate communications and requests to appropriate Fringe and venue personnel including a daily/nightly show report.
- Under the direction of the Senior Production Coordinator - Signature Project, support the project logistics; including safety and maintenance of the instillation and venue, waste management, security management, deliveries and daily operation.
- Understand and comply with all Adelaide Fringe policies and procedures and observe all Workplace Health & Safety regulations.
- Contribute to on-going risk management of the project, incident reporting, Workplace Health & Safety and Emergency Response Procedures.
- Become familiar with emergency management procedures across the scope of the Fringe.
- In collaboration with the Senior Production Coordinator, contribute to an open, respectful and supportive work place.
- Whilst this position description summarises the purpose of the role and lists key tasks, it is not a definitive list of all the work to be undertaken. Tasks can vary from time to time. To deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the employee may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above.
- Other duties as directed by the Head of Production.
- Event management skills and sound, working knowledge of technical theatre production.
- Demonstrated professional experience delivering the production requirements of events particularly in a performing arts centre, major events or festival context.
- Previous working knowledge and experience working in an arts organization and/or working with artists and contractors.
- Demonstrated experience in working to set deadlines and achieving objectives within a defined timetable.
- Proven site management ability in the areas of planning, organising, setting priorities and managing time and resources.
- Demonstrated high level of communication and interpersonal skills including negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proven problem solving skills, with an ability to think laterally.
- Demonstrated collaborative working style with an ability to lead and work as part of a team in a hands-on capacity.
- Proven capacity for self-motivation and an ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage complex tasks, challenging projects and competing deadlines concurrently.
- Tertiary Qualification in arts production or appropriate industry experience.
- C-class license.
- Vocational training/operational accreditation/licensing in production related areas will be looked favourably, such as: Fire Warden, Rigging, Elevated Working Platforms, Test & Tag, Heavy Truck Licence, Fork Lift License, Senior First Aid etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to submit your application:
Job Number: 19005
View the full position description via the link below.
For any enquiries regarding the role, please call 08 8100 2000.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close Fri, 15 Nov 2019 at 11:55 PM.Position description (534 KB pdf)