Applications close: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 at 12:00 AM
LOCATION: Adelaide Fringe Inc.
START DATE: 1 July 2021
END DATE: 30 June 2022
REPORTS TO: Head of People and Culture
TERMS & HOURS: Flexible, full time / part time
REMUNERATION: $60,000 per annum (pro rata), plus 9.5% superannuation
The Diversity and Inclusion Manager will work under general direction to coordinate and implement a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives across Adelaide Fringe with the aim of removing barriers that prevent people pursuing career within Arts industry, supporting people of diverse ethnical backgrounds, encouraging and supporting young people in building professional networks across the arts sector, supporting and coordinating key Reconciliation Action Plan initiatives and encouraging young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to engage in working for Adelaide Fringe.
The position of Diversity and Inclusion Manager will continue to address Adelaide Fringe’s increasing commitment to diversifying organisational practice, striving to eliminate, as far as possible, any type of discrimination in Adelaide Fringe’s events and services.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Diversity and Inclusion Manager’s primary responsibility is to prioritise a culture of inclusion within the organisation and external operations. Acting as an advocate and leading Adelaide Fringe’s Reconciliation Action Plan journey to promote inclusivity and increase opportunities for all Adelaide Fringe staff. The role will navigate many important relationships with external stakeholders in the community, seeking guidance and support to ensure Adelaide Fringe prioritises cultural safety both internally and throughout its major collaborations, and champions cultural safety throughout our stakeholders.
- Understanding of social justice, diversity and inclusion principles
- Demonstrated knowledge and capacity to support workforce diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Capacity to work collaboratively and build partnerships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience developing policies or strategies
- Project management and administration skills
- Passionate, articulate and knowledgeable
- Innovative thinker with the ability to translate ideas into actions
- High level of attention to detail
- Self-reliant and self-motivated
- High level of organisational planning and problem solving skills
- Ability to cope with high pressure situations and competing deadlines
- Patient, amiable and good humoured.
HOW TO APPLY
Job Ad Number: 2021018
View the full position description via the link below.
We strongly encourage applications from First Nations Peoples and welcome applications from those from marginalised groups.
Due to the high volume of applications received we will only contact successful candidates.Position description (903 KB pdf)