Applications close: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 at 5:00 PM
Term: Full time October– March
0.7 FTE April - September
Start Date: 27 September 2021 (negotiable for the right Candidate)
End Date: 30 June 2023
Reports To: Head of Digital, Marketing and Ticketing
Salary: Range $60,000 - $62,000
Adelaide Fringe is an annual open-access arts festival run over four weeks in Adelaide, South Australia during February and March. It is one of the largest, most popular and diverse arts festivals in Australia. Thousands of artists from around Australia and across the globe participate alongside home-grown talent, in art forms spanning cabaret, comedy, circus, physical theatre, dance, film, theatre, music, visual art & design.
Adelaide Fringe 2022 runs from Friday 18 February – Sunday 20 March 2022.
The Box Office Manager leads a large team alongside the Ticketing & Data Manager and under the direction of the Head of Digital, Marketing and Ticketing. The main objectives of the role are to successfully plan, bump in and roll out the FringeTIX Box Offices, Call Centre and Information Booths across the CBD and suburban locations, oversee e-ticketing across the festival and to ensure an extremely high level of customer service is provided to Adelaide Fringe audiences. This comprises staff recruitment and management including training and rostering, implementation of policies and procedures, management of merchandise and of guides and supplies, general logistics of stock and the batching and posting of tickets. Additionally, the Box Office Manager will oversee the roll out of e-ticketing across the festival ensuring a high take up by venues as we transition to a paperless festival, and support venues and artists in their implementations of the technology.
The role will require a high level of customer service and administration and a positive demeanour to deliver a high standard of ticketing services to the audiences, venues & artists at the box office locations.
- Demonstrated experience and proven ability in ticketing/box office management or supervisory role, in a festival or events background
- Strong customer service experience
- Familiarity with LPA guidelines, Data Protection, PCI compliance and current ticketing/box office knowledge
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of committed staff and stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, in a professional and ethical manner
- High level computer literacy and competency with ticketing systems, databases, internet, email (Outlook), Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent time management skills to manage complex tasks and competing deadlines concurrently
- Demonstrated high level attention to detail and record keeping skills
- Ability to manage and reconcile a large number of online, telephone and cash sales
- Demonstrated high level of customer service delivery and ability to resolve customer concerns and complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Provide current Police clearance check if successful
- Demonstrated experience in security procedures relevant to the safe handling, storage and transportation of monies
- Possess a current Driver’s Licence (C Class)
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude with a passion and commitment to the arts
- High level organisational, planning and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Flexibility and availability to work evenings and weekends essential (including Christmas)
- Ability to work effectively as a team player as well as independently
- Ability to cope with high pressure situations and competing deadlines
- Patient, amiable and good humoured
How To Apply
Job Ad Number: 2021025
View the full position description via the link below.
We strongly encourage applications from First Nations Peoples and welcome applications from those from marginalised groups.
Due to the high volume of applications received we will only contact successful candidates.Position description (801 KB pdf)