Applications close: Sun, 9 May 2021 at 11:55 PM
TERM: Fixed term, Full Time Salaried position
START DATE: 1 July 2021
END DATE: 30 June 2024
REPORTS TO: Accountant and Head of Finance
Adelaide Fringe is an annual open-access arts festival run over four weeks in Adelaide, South Australia during February and March. It is one of the largest, most popular and diverse arts festivals in Australia. Thousands of artists from around Australia and across the globe participate alongside home-grown talent, in art forms spanning cabaret, comedy, circus & physical theatre, dance, film, theatre, music, visual art and design.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, and the Accountant, the Assistant Accountant is responsible for the day to day process and for the delivery effective financial accounting, reconciliation and timely disbursement of artist box office settlements and financial needs of the organisation, in assistance to the accountant.
- Demonstrated experience in operational accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, bookkeeping, credit control, financial accounting, GST and payroll processing is preferable
- Reconciliation skills, including bank reconciliation
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and interpretation of accounting reports and completion of detailed reconciliations is preferable
- Sound understanding of and demonstrated experience in computerised accounting software packages with a good working knowledge of Excel and Xero
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, complex tasks, challenging projects and competing deadlines concurrently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; capacity to interact with staff at all levels and to work effectively as part of a team
- Previous working knowledge and experience working in an arts organisation with particular emphasis on box office and/or call centre sales
- Business degree qualified / near completion of, majoring in accounting or finance. Other business qualifications will be considered.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- High level organisational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Innovative and creative thinker with the ability to translate ideas into actions.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player as well as independently.
- High-level attention to detail.
- Self-reliant and self-motivated.
- Ability to cope with high-pressure situations and competing deadlines.
- Patient, amiable and good humoured.
HOW TO APPLY
Job Ad Number: 2021017
View the full position description via the link below.
We strongly encourage applications from First Nations Peoples and welcome applications from those from marginalised groups.
Due to the high volume of applications received we will only contact successful candidates.Position description (671 KB pdf)