Applications close: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 at 5:00 PM
POSITION: Arts Administration Intern
DEPARTMENT: Artist, Venues and Events
LOCATION: Adelaide Fringe
START DATE: Week beginning January 7, 2019
END DATE: 3 month placement
REQUIREMENT: 1-2 days per week
REPORTS TO: Artist and Venue Coordinator – Jason Marsiglia
The Artist and Venues intern supports the Adelaide Fringe team specifically in support of the Artist and Venues team and programs specifically within the daytime FringeWORKS program. They will be responsible for assisting the delivery of special events, projects and programs along with administration and general support.
Below are examples of some of your tasks.
- Assist Artist and Venues department with enquiries, both online and on the phone
- Assist in the proofing of the FringeWORKS artist guide and its 100 + event listings
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of Facebook events for FringeWORKS events
- Assist in the operation of FringeWORKS events, panels, workshops and info sessions
- Assist in populating online management tools as required. Onsite training will be given
- Collate and distribute venue and artist collateral as needed
- Assist the Artist and Venue department with general administration tasks
- Assist and work with other departments when required
- Observe and follow all Work, Health, and Safety regulations and safe working practices
- Adelaide Fringe may from time to time modify your duties and responsibilities but only to those which you have the skill and competence
- Completion of or undertaking a suitable degree; arts, event management, business related course or a demonstrated passion for the arts
- Ability to multitask and coordinate administrative responsibilities, challenging projects and competing deadlines
- Ability to maintain efficient and effective records management systems
- Ability to work within tight deadlines in a busy, high pressure environment
- Familiarity with events and / or hospitality experience
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Adelaide Fringe and its position within the South Australian arts sector
- High level of computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, artwork/design programs, database and internet/email
HOW TO APPLY
View the full Position Description and Selection Criteria via the link below.
Then, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. For any enquiries regarding the role, please call 08 8100 2000.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 5:00PM, Friday 14 Dec.Position description (521 KB pdf)