Applications close: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 at 5:00 PM
START DATE: 2nd of January 2018
END DATE: 23rd of March 2018
TERM: Three month fixed term, salaried contract position
Adelaide Fringe is an annual open-access arts festival run over four weeks in Adelaide, South Australia during February and March. It is one of the largest, most popular and diverse arts festivals in Australia. Thousands of artists from around Australia and across the globe participate alongside home-grown talent, in art forms spanning cabaret, comedy, circus & physical theatre, dance, film, theatre, music, visual art and design.
The Artists and Venues Support Coordinator’s principle role is to liaise with and provide support to Adelaide Fringe registered artists and venues. This includes facilitating artist registrations and assisting in the planning and delivering professional development and information sessions for artists and venues.
The Artists and Venues Support Coordinator is also heavily involved in maintaining accurate event information in the Artist and Venue Registration platform (AVR) and FringeTIX.
They are also to provide support to other members of the Artists and Venues Team and will work across various projects including the setup and delivery of day time operations and events program as part of FringeWORKS located at the Fringe Club.
During the delivery of Adelaide Fringe, (February 16 – March 18 2018) the Artists and Venues Support Coordinator will be required to work outside of normal business hours over a 7 day a week roster.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaise and support artists, presenters and venues to participate in the 2018 Adelaide Fringe.
- Assist a wide variety of artists with all aspects of their registration, be it online or offline and in person.
- In conjunction with the Artists and Venues team produce a range of artist resources both printed and digital.
- Ensure that the Artist and Venue Registration platform (AVR) and FringeTIX event details are up-to-date at all times.
- Proof event listings on the www.adelaidefringe.com.au
- Work in conjunction with the Artists and Venues team in the organisation, promotion and event management of artist and venue events, including information sessions, professional development seminars and networking events in the FringeWORKS artists program.
- Work in conjunction with the Artists and Venues team and FringeTIX Department in the organisation, planning and delivery of all event ticketing requirements.
- Observe and follow all Work Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices.
- Undertake projects and activities as directed by the Head of Artists, Venues and Events.
- Whilst this position description summarises the purpose of the job and lists its key tasks, it is not a definitive list of all the tasks to be undertaken. Tasks can vary from time to time at the discretion of your Manager. To deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the employee may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above.
We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to think creatively and plan ahead.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, database, internet and email software.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative working style with the ability to work with a team and in a hands-on capacity.
- Some previous knowledge and experience working in an arts environment.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a cover letter. Your cover letter must clearly address the skills listed above. Please also include in your letter your experience as it relates to the key responsibilities. Cover letters are to be no more than two pages long. You can email your application to the HR Manager, Viron Papadopoulos at email@example.com
For any further enquiries, please check the position description below or call 08 8100 2000.Position description (477 KB pdf)