The Adelaide Fringe Artist Fund raises funds to support Artists and Venues presenting in the Adelaide Fringe program. We encourage bold ideas to take shape and support all forms of expression, which enrich our festival offerings.
Adelaide Fringe Quick Response Grants:
This fund is to support Adelaide Fringe 2021 participants continue with the momentum of their previous season and develop their art practice further during the winter months.
You do not need to present this work at Adelaide Fringe 2022, however you will be required to submit a simple one page acquittal at the end of your project detailing what you spent the grant on and what learnings you have acquired in that time.
- Only participants of Adelaide Fringe 2021 can apply for this grant. This may have been as a creative, producer or production staff – you can apply as an individual
- Artists who are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and/or Linguistically Diverse, Deaf or Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications by South Australian artists (must be currently based in SA) will be prioritised. If your project has interstate collaborators, the SA resident should be one of the lead creatives on this application
- If you have received a grant from Adelaide Fringe for the 2021 festival then you must have submitted your acquittal before you begin this application.
What you can apply for:
- Development of work you have already presented at Adelaide Fringe 2021
- A return season of your Adelaide Fringe 2021 work
- Development of a new work with the view to present either a completed show or a work-in-progress at Adelaide Fringe 2022
- Workshop fees – to either run a workshop or participate in one that furthers your artistic practice
- Mentorship fees – to either mentor someone else, or secure a mentor for yourself that furthers your artistic practice
- 9am ACST Tuesday 4 May - Applications open
- 5pm ACST Friday 14 May – Technical support finishes
- 11:59pm ACST Sunday 16 May – Applications close
- 30 June 2021 – All applicants notified of outcome
Artist Fund grants will open in the middle of 2021 and are available to anyone intending to participate in Adelaide Fringe 2022. To be notified of when the Artist Fund grants open, key dates and other opportunities coming up for the 2022 festival, pelase sign up to our eNews here. You can also like our FringeWORKS Facebook page to be kept in the loop.
If you have any questions on the application process, please contact the Adelaide Fringe Artist and Venues team by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 8 08 8100 2022.
Banner image: Simply Odissi. Photographed by Missy Husband