Applications for 2021 artist, venue and producer grants are now closed.
The Adelaide Fringe Artist Fund raises funds to support Artists and Venues presenting in the Adelaide Fringe program. We encourage bold ideas to take shape and support all forms of expression, which enrich our festival offerings. Grants of up to $5000 are available for Australian artists, South Australian producers and venues.
Applications open 9am Friday 12 June, 2020.
Applications close midnight Sunday 28 June*, 2020.
* Administrative support ends 5pm ACST Friday 26 June, 2020.
Artists will only need to do one application to apply to both or either of the funding streams available to them.
Both grants are available to:
- An artist/collective currently living in Australia OR
- An Australian artist/collective currently living overseas
Make it Happen
These grants provide practical financial assistance needed to 'Make it Happen'. Marketing, Travel, or Production streams are in place to support those costs in the presentation of your project.
Our ‘Make it Happen’ grants are available to new or existing projects applying for:
- Travel — The direct expenses related to travel for the presentation of your show/project/event at the Adelaide Fringe Festival 2021.
- Marketing — To support the marketing and promotional cut through for your new or established show/performance or event. Assistance will fund branding, advertising and promotional activity specifically for Adelaide Fringe 2021.
- Presentation — Supports the presentation of your project/event in the Adelaide Fringe 2020 program including artist fees and production costs
Innovate (Up to $5,000)
The Innovate and Create Grant is a flexible grant which supports new projects that will premier in Adelaide during the Fringe season. Applications are encouraged in all art-forms and proposals which are ambitious in delivering daring and diverse contemporary art for new audiences will be looked upon favourably.
Our ‘Innovate’ grant is available to new works that:
- Have never been performed publicly in Adelaide
- Are in the early stages of project development (may have premiered with a limited workshop run elsewhere)
- Includes new innovation, concepts, theatrical devices, technology or new ways in connecting with audiences
South Australian Producer Grants (up to $5,000)
The South Australian Producer Grant is to assist producers with multiple events in Adelaide Fringe in the following areas:
- Office space
- Operation costs across their brand
Venue Grants (up to $5,000)
The Venue Grant is to assist South Australian based venue operators in providing suitable performance spaces for Adelaide Fringe artists and audiences.
The Venue Grant is available for:
- Accessibilty e.g. to provide more Auslan interpreted events, build accessible ramps, hire climate control measures etc.
- Marketing e.g. advertising, publicity etc.
- Infrastructure e.g. hireage of lights, sound baffling, engineer assessments
- Innovation e.g. creation of specialist venues to present works such as a dedicated dance space or queer cultural hub etc.
- Sustainability e.g. installation of electronic billboards or app development to replace fliers and posters etc.
If you have any questions on the application process, please contact the Adelaide Fringe Artist and Venues team by email to email@example.com or call +61 8 08 8100 2022.