Audio description is commentary for people who are blind or have a vision impairment.
Audio describers deliver a verbal commentary providing information on actions and visual elements, sometimes via a small transmitter. Users of this service can wear a personal listening device to enable full participation, depending on the size of the group.
Fringe events with audio description available:
- Seven Siblings from the Future - Offering Audio Description upon request for all performances
- Tindo Utpurndee: Sunset Ceremony - Audio Description Friday 14th February
Auslan Interpreted Events
Where this symbol is displayed, events will be Auslan interpreted. Auslan is the sign language of the Australian Deaf community, providing access for those who are deaf or have a hearing impairment.
Auslan interpreted events can be found via the website Accessibility Filter and via the Access Guide.
Fringe events with Auslan available:
- I See Dead People - Auslan Interpreted Thursday 27th February
- YUCK Circus - Auslan Interpreted Performance Thursday 27th February
- Read the Room - Auslan Interpreted Performance Wednesday 19th February
- Singin' in the Pain: A Disability and Chronic Illness Cabaret - Auslan Interpreted Performance Saturday March 7th, 2pm performance
- Wilbur the Optical Whale - Auslan Interpreted - all performances
- Shit- Faced Shakespeare: Hamlet - Auslan Interpreted Saturday 22nd February
- Dr Selflove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love My Thighs - Auslan Interpreted Saturday 7th March
- Adelaide Fringe Comedy Gala: Bringing The Best of The Fringe To Marion - Auslan Interpreted Friday 21st February
- The Eulogy - Auslan Interpreted Thursday 5th March
- Wellness: A Social Justice Play - Auslan Interpreted Thursday 20th February
- After Hours Cabaret Club - LOCK IN - Auslan Interpreted Saturday 29th February
- Matt Tarrant: EVOLVE - Auslan Interpreted Friday 13th March
- Strike a Chord - Auslan Interpreted Sunday 16th February
- Masterpiece Improv - Auslan Interpreted Thursday 12th March
- Open Heart - Auslan Interpreted Friday 6th March
- Unexpected Inheritance - Auslan Interpreted Sunday 8th March
Innuendo Everywhere: Becky Blake and Steve Davis Do It - Auslan Interpreted Sunday 1st March
Femme Fatales - A Dark Fetish Freakshow! - Auslan Interpreted Saturday 14th March
Effing Robots : How I Taught the AI to Stop Worrying and Love Humans - Auslan Interpreted Sunday 23rd February
Battery Operated Boyfriend - Auslan Interpreted Wednesday 26th February
5th Maestro Improvised National Games - Auslan Interpreted Friday 28th February
Acoustic Tull - Auslan Interpreted Wednesday 19th February
These performances are open to anyone, however, they have been specifically designed to create a safe and welcoming environment for patrons with a learning disability and/or sensory and communication difficulties or anyone who would benefit from a more sensory-reduced environment. These performances are deemed as relaxed performances by the artist, and have not been individually certified by Adelaide Fringe.
Fringe events with relaxed performances available:
- Big Tops and Tiny Tots Circus Show - Relaxed performance Sunday 8th March
- Plant Based Disgrace - Relaxed performance Wednesday 11th March
Frankenstein: How to Make a Monster - All performances will have a relaxed attitude to noise and movement in the auditorium. Latecomers will be admitted, and re-admittance will be allowed throughout the show. Ear defenders will be available for those with sensory sensitivities.
Singin' in the Pain: A Disability and Chronic Illness Cabaret - Relaxed performance Saturday March 7th, 2pm performance
360 ALLSTARS - Relaxed performance Wednesday 19th & 26th February, 4th March
Big Tops & Tiny Tots Circus Show - Relaxed performance Sunday 8th March
Bubba-Licious - Relaxed performance Sunday 23rd February & 1st March 11am performance
Nothing But Dad Jokes: The First Sequel - Relaxed performance Sunday 8th March
Prehysterical - Relaxed performance Sunday 23rd February & 8th March
RAILED - Relaxed performance Wednesday 19th & 26th February, 4th & 11th March
Circus'Cision - Relaxed performance Saturday 22nd February & 7th March
The Bakers - Relaxed performance Sunday 15th March
Dave Court - Lollipop Land - Relaxed performance Thursday 20th & 27th of February, 5th & 12th March
I See Dead People - Relaxed performance Wednesday 19th & 26th February
Wilbur the Optical Whale - Relaxed performance - all performances
From Paris with Love - Relaxed performance Sunday 1st March
Inamojo - Children's Wellbeing Workshops - Relaxed performance - all performances
Irish Concert Songs of Luke Kelly & The Dubliners with Dave Clark - Relaxed performance - all performances
Peach Cobbler - Relaxed performance Friday 21st February
Tin Camp Studio Sessions - Relaxed performance - all performances
Weimarian Revolution: Stories from the Shadows of 1920s Berlin - Relaxed performance - all performances
Platisphere - Relaxed performance Tuesday 25th February
The Tempest - Relaxed performance Thursday 5th & 12th March
Yabarra: Dreaming in Light - Relaxed performance Tuesday 18th February 10-11am, Sunday 1st March 4-5pm, Wednesday 4th 6-7pm, Saturday 14th 10-11am
These are audio described tours involving touch and sound exploration of the elements of an event for people who are blind or have a vision impairment.
Fringe events with tactile tours available:
- Floral Peroxide - Tactile tours available by arrangement, bookings essential via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Tempest - Tactile tours available 5th, 10th and 12th March at 5:05pm
- Wilbur the Optical Whale - Tactile tours available 30 mins prior to all performances
These are events where captions will be displayed on a screen enabling the audience to read what is being said. It is always in view and cannot be turned off.
Fringe events with open captioning available:
We value your feedback in helping us improve our access program and services. Please email email@example.com if you have any suggestions, feedback or queries regarding accessibility at Adelaide Fringe.