Audio description is commentary for people who are blind or have a vision impairment.
Audio describers deliver a verbal commentary providing information on actions and visual elements, sometimes via a small transmitter. Users of this service can wear a personal listening device to enable full participation, depending on the size of the group.
Fringe events with audio description available:
- Seven Siblings from the Future - Offering Audio Description upon request for all performances
Auslan Interpreted Events
Where this symbol is displayed, events will be Auslan interpreted. Auslan is the sign language of the Australian Deaf community, providing access for those who are deaf or have a hearing impairment.
Auslan interpreted events can be found via the website Accessibility Filter and via the Access Guide.
Fringe events with Auslan available:
- I See Dead People - Auslan Interpreted Performance on Thursday 27th February
- YUCK Circus - Auslan Interpreted Performance on Thursday 27th February
- Read the Room - Auslan Interpreted Performance on Wednesday 19th February
These performances are open to anyone, however, they have been specifically designed to create a safe and welcoming environment for patrons with a learning disability and/or sensory and communication difficulties or anyone who would benefit from a more sensory-reduced environment. These performances are deemed as relaxed performances by the artist, and have not been individually certified by Adelaide Fringe.
Fringe events with relaxed performances available:
- Big Tops and Tiny Tots Circus Show - Relaxed performance on Sunday 8th March
- Bubba-Licious - Relaxed performances at 11am on 23rd February and 1st March
- From Paris with Love - Relaxed performance on Sunday 1st of March
- Plant Based Disgrace - Relaxed performance on Wednesday 11th March
- Irish Concert Songs of Luke Kelly & The Dubliners with Dave Clark - Relaxed performances on 6th and 23rd February and 1st March
- Peach Cobbler - Relaxed performances on 21st February, and 12th and 13th March
- The Tempest - Relaxed performances on 5th and 12th March
I See Dead People - Relaxed performances on Wednesday 19th and 26th February
These are audio described tours involving touch and sound exploration of the elements of an event for people who are blind or have a vision impairment.
Fringe events with tactile tours available:
- Floral Peroxide - Tactile tours available by arrangement, bookings essential via email@example.com
- The Tempest - Tactile tours available on 5th, 10th and 12th March at 5:05pm
We value your feedback in helping us improve our access program and services. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any suggestions, feedback or queries regarding accessibility at Adelaide Fringe.