Adelaide Fringe invites students to enter the Schools Poster Competition for the chance to win a performance by a 2021 Fringe artist for their school - thanks to Program partner Nine News! The winning artwork will appear on the cover of the 2021 Adelaide Fringe Schools Booking Guide and star in an exhibition at the Adelaide Central Market. We are looking for artwork that shows what students enjoy about Fringe or what it means to them. The competition is open from 20 July – 28 August 2020.
SUBMIT YOUR DIGITAL ENTRIES HERE
*all details on hand delivered entries can be found below
- The competition is open to students in year levels Reception to Year 12 in Australia
- Schools must submit the artwork on behalf of the students
- Each school may submit as many entries as they wish, and group entries are welcome
The winner receives...
- The winning artwork will appear as the cover of the 2021 Adelaide Fringe Schools Booking Guide and be acknowledged with the artist's first name, year level and school
- The artist will win a performance by a 2021 Fringe artist for their school
- The winning entry will be included in the Schools Poster Competition exhbition, featuring the Top 100 entries at the Adelaide Central Market in November 2020
- Artwork should be A3 or A4 portrait
- Artwork can be colour or black and white
- The Adelaide Fringe logo with 2021 dates can be included in the design or space left for them to be added (optional). Click here for 2021 Adelaide Fringe logos
- Entries must be submitted as a hard copy or minimum 300dpi colour scan at actual size
- Entries may be uploaded, posted or hand delivered (details below)
- Hard copy entries must include a competition entry form which can be downloaded HERE.
- Images must be the artist's own creation
Some creative ideas
- Is an open access festival - it invites and includes all people
- Wants to engage young people
- Has events all across South Australia
Click here to view the 2020 Schools booking guide cover
- Adelaide Fringe will ask permission from the artist's parent/guardian for the artwork to be exhibited and be identified by the artist's first name, school and year level, if selected for the exhibition
- Entries in hard copy format can be collected after the exhibition - please write in pencil 'keep for collection' on the back of the entry. Artists' schools will be advised of the collection dates. All exhibited artwork will be available for collection.
Submitting competition entries
There are three options for submitting competition entries - each school can submit as many entries as they wish
By digital entry:
- Please submit and upload each entry separately (so that the artist and their artwork can be correctly identified)
- Please include the artist's name in the file name
- The artwork must be a minimum 300 dpi colour scan at actual size (A3 or A4)
- Entries must be uploaded by 11.59pm on 28 August 2020
By post or hand delivery
- Entries may be submitted in the same envelope
- Each entry must be accompanied by a competition entry form which can be downloaded here.
- Please write the student's first and last name and school on the back of the artwork in pencil
- If the artist would like their artwork to be available for collection, please write in pencil 'keep for collection' on the back of the entry
- If posting, entries must be postmarked 28 August 2020 or before
- If hand delivering, entries must be received by 5pm on 28 August 2020. Office hours are Monday to Friday 9-5pm
Post or hand deliver to:
Schools Poster Competition
136 Frome Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Terms & Conditions
- Entries must be received by hand delivery by 5pm Friday 28 August 2020, uploaded by 11:59pm Friday 28 August 2020 or postmarked Friday 28 August 2020 or before
- Submissions that do not meet the entry deadline will not be accepted
- Artwork must be submitted by the school on behalf of the student(s). Schools can submit as many entries as they wish
- The competition winner shall assign to Adelaide Fringe in perpetuity all copyright in the image that is selected as the winning entry
- The artist must warrant that they own the copyright in the image and/or parts that comprise the image and are able to unimpededly assign copyright in full to the Adelaide Fringe
- Adelaide Fringe may at its absolute discretion use part of or the entire image for any purpose and in any form or manner but principally, for the cover of the 2021 Schools Booking Guide
- Entries must provide complete and correct requested information for the artist and a contact teacher. Incomplete information may cause the entry to be disqualified.
- The judges' decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into
- Artwork that has 'keep for collection' written in pencil on the back will be retained for collection from the Fringe office after the exhibition. All exhibited artwork will be retained for collection. Artists' schools will be advised of the collection dates.
- By submitting an entry to the Adelaide Fringe 2021 Schools Poster Competition, you signify acceptance of all of the terms and conditions outlined here without exception.
Please email email@example.com with any queries.
To keep up to date with the Schools Program including resources and discounted Fringe tickets for schools, we invite teachers to join the Adelaide Fringe Schools Program for Teachers Facebook Group and sign up to the Schools Program eNews list.
Image: 2020 Schools Poster Competition Exhibition. Photo: Chloe Elizabeth Image