For our 60th birthday, Fringe delivered another record breaking year! Despite the challenge of COVID-19 hitting in the final week of the festival, we were able to deliver a record $96.7 million in gross economic expenditure. We injected $41.6 million in visitor-related new money to the state—an increase of 8% on 2019!
Adelaide Fringe 2020 Fast Facts and Figures:
- 154,442 visitor bed nights were generated by interstate/international audiences and artists (2.8% increase on 2019)
- Estimated 3.5 million attendances (6% increase on 2019)
- $21 million in box office value ($19.5 million in 2019, an increase of 8%)
- Over $13 million in box office revenue remains in South Australia
- 853,419 tickets sold (3% increase on 2019)
- Adelaide Fringe 2020 featured 6724 artists and 1203 events across 471 venue spaces
- 298 delegates from 27 countries participated in the Honey Pot arts marketplace. Prior to the impact of COVID-19, there were 284 deals in discussion as a result of the connections made at Honey Pot. This had a projected worth of $4 million, however many of these tours are now in hiatus due to the current pandemic.